DJ CROWN PRINCE PODCAST!!! SUBSCRIBE AND SPREAD THE LOVE

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BERMUDA " The Fantasy Island"

Day 1

Landing on the beautiful atlantic island of Bermuda one week before their world famous Cup Match Weekend, you can sense that there is an energy in the air, and people where ready for the upcoming week's events. I felt great knowing that I was flown in for what some said was considered the first major party of the week..

The island is relatively small in size with the widest point being 2 miles in width. With that size they have adopted a very strict transportation policy which allows only one automobile per address, everyone else in the family of driving age will have to use a scooter(awesome). They also have a Mass Transportation system that includes buses and ferrys to assist people traveling around the island. While driving I noticed that all the roofs were white and where designed the same, after inquiring I was told that it's basically a system designed to collect water for each household. I was quite impressed with what seemed to be a more green focused mentality on the island.

Now I have a motto in regards to settling in on a trip; "Good food will always make you feel at home…" We stopped at small take out shop named Art Mels, where I ate the biggest sandwich I've ever had. After that meal I was good for the rest of the day. After a brief nap, I got dressed and we headed out to the event, on the way I stopped off by a friend's house where I was introduced to a drink named, DARK and STORMY which is a mix of Black Rum and carbonated ginger beer. We then headed out to the main event, "Fantasy Island." The event was was just of the mainland on a small island, the smell of food filled the air and music was at the perfect level where you felt the energy but didn't go deaf. My good friend Dj Rusty G graciously assisted with being my M.C. as i mixed music for the people. It went extremely well and the crowd seemed to be in sync with the music and the night was filled with energy and love…


Day 2

After spending the early morning in a zombie like state, my hosts Keidric and Talia told me that it's time to get dressed and hit the beach. When we got there it didn't take long for me to realize that I may be in trouble while surrounded by professional drinkers. They introduced me to another drink they named swizzle, I'm not sure what the ingredients were but it was basically a really dangerous Bermuda version of Rum Punch. I left the beach and met up with some friends at a pool party, where they had two rules; 1) Everyone gets thrown in the pool(I was pardoned thankfully…) 2) Don't drop your drink! I had to be the person who dropped his drink! Punishment was drinking swizzle through a vuvuzela!
After many drinks later we headed out to a small nightclub where we drank some more, played some billiards, and spoke about the music industry, djs, promotional ideas, etc.

I will simply say that Bermuda is an amazing island, and I met some of the greatest people there. I look forward to my next trip there...


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Bermuda. Sorry I didn't get to meet you!

    ReplyDelete