DJ CROWN PRINCE PODCAST!!! SUBSCRIBE AND SPREAD THE LOVE

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Toronto - Caribana Weekend 2010

Continuing my "Summer of Love Tour" the next stop was Toronto, Canada for the Caribbean Carnival named "Caribana". This was my first time attending and my first adult/dj experience in Toronto. I have been told by many people that Caribana is on one of the largest and most influential weekends in the soca/calypso genre.

Within my first few moments surveying the city on the way from the airport, the city seemed oddly familiar to me, so many buildings and sub-sections seemed like somewhere I've been. As soon as I got into downtown, it all hit me at once! Toronto is the northern cousin to New York City! My hotel was in the heart of downtown so I spent every spare moment walking around downtown, roaming like I lived there all my life. Due to the busy weekend I was unable to do any fine dining, but when you walk into your hotel in downtown, and they are giving you free beef patties because it's carnival weekend, you know that your in a great city…




Here is a quick run down of events that I worked and attended

Friday 30 July 2010
KOS Jouvert @ Embers Hall


Saturday 31 July 2010
(Daytime)
Caribana Parade
I Dj'd on Jamal Magloire's(Miami Heat Center) truck Toronto Revellers with
Machel Montano, Giselle D Wassi One, Dj Revs, Rudy, Barrie Hype, Dr Esan, Don Iko and much more…
**Sorry for horrible audio**

Caribana 2010 from Dj Crown Prince on Vimeo.



(Evening)
Socavivor @ Wild Water Kingdom


Sunday 1 August
Fire Fete @ Sound Academy

Skinny Fabulous at Fire Fete (Toronto 1 Aug 2010) from Dj Crown Prince on Vimeo.





Some Pictures from the weekend

2 comments:

  1. aww I miss my city Tdot thanks for the pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Crown Prince, we appreciate taking us around the world with you while you do your thing man!

    ReplyDelete