DJ CROWN PRINCE PODCAST!!! SUBSCRIBE AND SPREAD THE LOVE

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WASHINGTON D.C. 08-2010

It's been about 2.5 years since I played my last gig in Washington D.C. It felt good to be back in the place that started my love for touring. When asked where I wanted to stay, Georgetown was my obvious choice. I wanted to see what had changed since I left and also to see what goodies I would find that I didn't see before. I saw a few changes and stumbled upon quite a few goodies. I was also honored to meet up with my stylist and very good friend Latoya Sutton of "Elite Styling Firm."
The most noticeable sight to see was the infamous "Georgetown Cupake." I've heard the stories about the crazy lines at anytime of the day, filled with people from all over the world, but I did not expect to see the line that I saw! We drove past around 10:30am then as the day went along the line seemed to be longer everytime I walked past! Amazing!
Next I took a random side street off the strip and found "J.Chocolatier!" We decided to walk in and found a wonderland of treats! Everything made fresh daily and all to do with chocolate. I know quite a few people who would've lost their minds in there and ate till they were sick…lol!
After seeing people's obsession with sweets, I did feel a bit guilty and went over to Dean and Deluca because I know they usually have the fresh fruit stand where you can get the a cup of fruit and/or a freshly made smoothie. I felt better after that smoothie. We spent the rest of day roaming through out Georgetown... "Note: If you run into your stylist in a shopping district, wear shorts and sneakers...Whew"



Miami White 14-08-2010
Venue: Heritage India
Djs: Dj Super slice, Dj Sypda, Dj Crown Prince

Dj Super Slice was the very first person who flew me into anywhere to play music, so when he told me that he's on the campaign to bring caribbean sexy back to the city, I was all in. The ambiance walking into the venue was perfect. You just knew that the party was going to sexy and fun. Music was handled by Super slice, Sypda, and myself(The original XradioDC family!) The music was a great blend of Dancehall, Soca, Hip Hop, and my favorite Old School. Mostly everyone walked in dressed in white and ready to have fun. I saw people who I haven't seen in years, including Myxradio friends and even family! Yet, the highlight of my night was getting to introduce some random tourists to the power of "Palance!"



D.C. was great and I'll definitely return more often to continue the love movement!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I've never heard of Georgetown Cupake and I think it will have to be added to my to-do list ; )

    ReplyDelete